Thursday, September 29, 2011

Doodle, The Tool


Today, I rant. Doodling over the years has received a bad rap. But doodling is a powerful tool. Not just in the sense of illustrating a problem on a whiteboard. For more on this, read The Back of the Napkin. A fantastic read.


Doodling can help you focus. It's like winding the clock of your brain. There's a kinetic energy generated when you doodle that's directly connected to comprehension and even analysis. It's difficult to explain, but I know it works. Trust me. Or trust her:


http://www.ted.com/talks/sunni_brown.html?utm_source=-09-27


So the next time you're sitting across from me in a meeting, and I'm doodling, don't give me a dirty look because you think I'm not paying attention. Get jealous because I'm retaining and processing far more of the meeting than you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment